Monday, May 19, 2008

1,688 miles



Posted by Picasa


For two days I have been in Rapid City playing with Jem. I could not have been more surprised that there was dog living here. Mom had told me there was a cat, and I would confined to my dog house and the long line. Imagine my astonishment to drive up and be greeted by the newest Babbitt, Jem. He joins his cat sister Scout.

So, Steve, that's the Dad who said over my dead body is a dog going to live in this house, said Daisy can sleep in the house and the cat won't mind. But I couldn't help myself. I could not overcome my desire to get the cat.

So I have been pretty much restricted to my dog house, the garage, the downstairs guest area with the stairs closed off, and my long line. If only I could control myself!

Jem loves to play with me....over and over and over again! Since I am older than he is, I am quite the tolerant one, but he does bring out the puppy in me.

AND, there are deer and turkeys in my back yard. Oh to run free!

Before we left this morning, I got to help train Jem about his invisible fence. I got to run outside it while he learned not to break the barrier. For once I was the one with the freedom!

No comments: