Saturday, May 31, 2008

3,512 miles

Posted by Picasa


Mom says this is my Sound of Music photo. She posted a whole series of me and the mountains and the flowers.

You already know I am the official goodwill ambassador of the trip. Three nights in a row I have been a friend to Germans. Actually, I think one group of them is following me, because tonight is the second night I have greeted them. The man reminds Mom of Jimmy Scruggs, a friend of hers. His wife comes over and goos at me, but she does not pet me. Drives me crazy. Finally she petted me tonight. Mom subtly asked questions to see if they were following us. No, they are going next to Prince Rupert, and from there to Vancouver Island by ferry.

Today I greeted a Husky from Saskatchewan, and boy was he enamored of me. His mom says he gets crazy for girls. Check out the photo of him fawning all over me on our photo site.

And now I have been put in charge of the bear count for the trip. As if I were not busy enough. We have three so far, one in Banff, and two today on the Yellowhead highway. Mom says I must not whimper, but I must let them know when I spot one. This could be a problem with my naps. It is so much easier to find elk. They are everywhere. But black bears do stand out against the meadows. They are all very busy eating grass and not so interested in me at all, but some are very shy and leave before Mom can snap their photos. If Mom insists on putting the bear bell on me, I will never be able to sneak up on them.

Tomorrow is my heartworm dose day, and a good thing. The last two nights, we have started finding mosquitoes. Oh my. That was one thing I was not missing about my back yard.....

No comments: