Monday, July 21, 2008

9,870 miles



I am calling this guy Billy, cause there used to be a black lab named Billy in our neighborhood. Today while Mom and I were hanging out near Pemberton BC and Dad was riding his bike, Billy came by and invited me to play. He picked up a rock and gave me a come hither look and led Mom and me to Pemberton Creek. He had a thing with rocks, as labs often do. He went into the bushes for the perfect rock, then buried the rock in the water, the same place in the creek every time.

This went on for some time. Then he led us to the creek on the other side of the road, and mom thought the whole thing was so cute that she did what she never does. Let me off leash. I was perfect. Billy and I played in the water and on the beach for a long time. He taught me to fetch sticks. I never did get what the deal was with the rocks, but hey, what happens in BC, stays in BC. If he wants to chew rocks, I guess he can chew rocks.

Finally, Mom said, "Okay, you guys, lets go get puppy cookies". We both sat and she gave us cookies. I have never had more fun the whole trip.

Today was more fun that the night before when I got to walk on the Fraser River at Lilleoot and crawl on rocks. More fun than meeting the little girls who were afraid of me, but their dad said in a Brit accent, "Don't be afraid, Just give Daisy a little tickle." More fun than the walk to Brandywine Falls and having my picture taken with people. More fun than the ladies next door tonight who came over to give me bones because they missed their puppies at home. (Mom said she thought they were a little bit manly, especially the one who hooked a blow torch to a propane tank to start their fire).

Today made up for Mom not feeling well lately and giving me only the most basic of walks. Today was PRIMO!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: