Tuesday, July 22, 2008

10,312 miles



Posted by Picasa


There we were, driving from the hotsprings to our RV park in Harrison Hot Springs, BC, when mom pulls over in a hurry and says LOOK. Two sammies walking down the street. They came over to meet us. Both are rescue sammies (I guess they learned CPR). One was left for dead run over on a highway, and the other came from a home of older folks who could not take care of her. Her name was Betsy and she was an attention hog. The other, Keisha, and please forgive me if her name is spelled incorrectly, was given to random barking. I could not hear the name over her barking. Her owner says she has her own world, in which she listens to voices no one else hears and barks. I guess if I survived a hit and run, I might have some random things to say too.

I am feeling fine tonight, thank you for asking. But last night at 12, I got mom up by barking at the door. She walked me, but nothing. At 1 am, I got Dad up by barking. He walked me, but nothing. Then I kept barking and they told me to go to sleep or else. Some comments about crying wolf. Oh boy what a mess. I was so sick at my tummy. They felt so bad for doubting my sincerity. Mom was walking me around the RV park in the wee hours, dad was outside cleaning the rug by the light of a flashlight. It was a sad situation. Everyone got to sleep about 2.

Next morning the neighbors commented that we had a rough night, eh? We must have been noisy. I was sick several more times today, but I am getting better. Dad and Mom are going to feed me white rice tonight.

Today was fine scenery though. That sea to sky highway is something. From Whistler to Vancouver is really awesome with the low coast mountain ranges doing their blue shadowy shimmer again the turquoise Howe Sound. Then we skirted north of Vancouver to head east to Harrison Hot springs. Mom and her springs. You would think she has enough minerals. She likes to be hot and have prune hands. I guess it's not a bad thing.

No comments: