Sunday, July 5, 2009

gathering foxtails

 

Oh my how innocent this looks. Just hanging out in Napa Valley State Park. Gathering Foxtails.

California has a problem beyond budget crisis. They have foxtails. The seeds burrow into the skin and cause infections and even death. And I have had SO many of them that Dad has refused to let me out of the RV anywhere but pavement. It is a real pain.

Not that I blame him. One of the devils got under my collar and caused a huge inflamation as it worked its way into my body. He's found several others on their way in. Did you know that they can even work themselves into organs and cause death? Or my ears, or my eyes or my nose? This is serious business.

So, no more hanging in California for us. We are headed north, out of this plague. The sooner the better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: