Thursday, September 11, 2008

16,200 miles, and then some

Ooiyy! I am one tired dog. How many dogs you know have traveled this far? Anyway, here's a movie of me the way I look in the RV, sleeping my life away.



The next video is me back home, re-adapting to my big old yard.



So, just to show what a smart dog I am, here's a few mileage facts.

We went over 16,000 miles, left May 13, got home September 5th. We bought 957.7 gallons of diesel.Remembering my long division, that's about 17mpg, not bad for a house, I guess. And the cheapest diesel we found was back home in Texas, in Ozona, at $4.09. We paid a high of $6.812 in Bell, which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere on the Cassiar Highway. Who's going to argue with them about their price when they are the only gas station in the territory? We could have paid over $7 in Dawson City, Yukon, but luckily the guy in Chicken Alaska warned us to fill up on his $6 something cheap stuff.

We left that bear Rosabella in Johnson City, and if you ask me, that's a good thing for her. Have you seen the hurricane coming here? I have NEVER been through a hurricane, and this one is a doozie! It's humongous! Tomorrow I will be in the eye of it, and I have to say, I feel a little scared! Mom's been telling me that eye is no big deal, it's the before and after that gets you.

However, I just want to say that I am no wuss! I don't cowar at the least little drop of rain like some previous sammies did. I am ready. Bring it on, Ike!

No comments: